Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I print from my iPad to a USB printer on my time capsule?

I have a Mac mini, iPad 2, iPad 3rd gen, 2 iPhone 5's, and a 2TB time capsule. All running the latest versions of their respective OS's. The hp printer I got at apple is plugged into the USB port on the time capsule because I couldn't figure out how to connect it wirelessly to the time capsule. Used to have it hooked up wirelessly to my uverse router but we moved and couldn't take uverse with us. The Mac mini prints to it fine but all other devices do not see the printer. Help!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 8:08 AM

Unless it's AirPrint compatible printer - you can't I'm afraid.

Time capsule doesn't contain drivers for printer - it only passes data between client and printer, which is why you require drivers on your mac. iOS doesn't have printing drivers for each individual printers pass AirPrint (which is in a way driverless printing)

There are 3rd party tools you can use to share that printer (after it is installed on your Mac) to share out as AirPrint.

for instance:

http://netputing.com/handyprint/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2012 8:08 AM in response to Mike99gsr

Unless it's AirPrint compatible printer - you can't I'm afraid.

Time capsule doesn't contain drivers for printer - it only passes data between client and printer, which is why you require drivers on your mac. iOS doesn't have printing drivers for each individual printers pass AirPrint (which is in a way driverless printing)

There are 3rd party tools you can use to share that printer (after it is installed on your Mac) to share out as AirPrint.

for instance:

http://netputing.com/handyprint/

How do I print from my iPad to a USB printer on my time capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.