Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 macbooks, one airport extreme

Can't seem to figure this one out.

1 Household.

2 Macbooks (same models, etc)

1 Airport Extreme

One Macbook connects via WiFi and accesses the internet without any problem.

The other Macbook shows the WiFi connection active but when you launch a browser (doesn't matter which one) it evetually times out and can't connect. Also won't access mail via MacMail. So basically shows active WiFi connection but browser(s) won't load any pages. After it times out, it shows a page that states there is a network connection error.

Also, tried the usual, restarting of Airport, macbooks, etc in correct order. And connected my iPhone on same wireless connection and it loads fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:49 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2012 9:58 AM in response to Jeff Kjoller

Try delete the current wireless connection and password info on the MacBook and then start over again and setup a new connection.

Here's how:

Open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Network

Click on WiFi on the left

Click Advanced at the lower right

Locate the listing for your wireless network name and click on it to highlight it

Click the - (minus) button to delete it

Click Done at the lower right

Click Apply at the lower right

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilties > KeyChain Access

Locate the listing with the wireless network name and click on it to highlight it

Delete that listing

Restart the Mac and set up a new connection again

Nov 22, 2012 12:45 PM in response to Jeff Kjoller

My Mac would connect at some locations, but not others. I did not think it was a wireless card issue on my Mac either, but a new card fixed the issues.

You still need to let the guys at the Apple Store take a look and run diagnostic softwere on the Mac. Not much else you can do.

A pure shot in the dark would be to reset your wireless router back to factory default settings, then reconfigure it again. Might be worth a try if you have the time. Good luck.

2 macbooks, one airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.