Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to change time signatures. how do I do this?

I am using GarageBand and my song needs to change time signatures a few times. The Help says it must stay the same for the whole song. Do I need to find a different software?

Thanks.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), Garage Band

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:24 AM

The Help says it must stay the same for the whole song.

Unfortunately, that is true.

But you still can mix time signatures within a song. Change the time signature according to the part of the song you are working on, to make the loops with that signature available in the loop browser, then set it to a different value, when you work at a different part of your song.

The only problem will be, that the measures will look all wrong in score view, or when when you try to print the score, but there is no problem to mix loops with different time signatures in one project.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2012 10:24 AM in response to Ant Her

The Help says it must stay the same for the whole song.

Unfortunately, that is true.

But you still can mix time signatures within a song. Change the time signature according to the part of the song you are working on, to make the loops with that signature available in the loop browser, then set it to a different value, when you work at a different part of your song.

The only problem will be, that the measures will look all wrong in score view, or when when you try to print the score, but there is no problem to mix loops with different time signatures in one project.

Regards

Léonie

I need to change time signatures. how do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.