Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 10057

new airport express 802.11n - default settings. Use Windows XP. The AP utility finds it but I get error 10057 not matter what I do. Manual setup, update firmware (current is the original it came with 7.5.2). It flashes amber. So never made it so actual setup. Intent to use it to add printer to network.

Setup: Ethernet cable to broad band moden D-link 615 (which gets signal from cabel modem Ubee). Internet chekked and works. Tried to power off cabel modem, broad band modem as well. But still first thing that happens is ERROR 10057 "An error occurred while trying to access the Apple wireless device. Make sure your network connection is valid and try again". Wifi is on as well but without ethernet cable the AE utility do not see it. ANy help out there - thanks!!

Airport express-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 2:02 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2012 8:53 AM in response to jacobpanik

I was having this same issue until last night. Turned out for me that it was the network encryption. I had to log into the router and change the option to use WPA-Personal with TKIP (I have an older Airport Express). I would suggest making sure that the encryption used by the router is supported by your Airport. If it's not, try and change the encryption to one supported by the Airport. Long story short, make sure that the encryption is the same for the router and Airport. I hope this helps!

Error 10057

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.