Skip navigation

backups

84 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 6:00 PM by Jakob Peterhänsel RSS
lburech Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 22, 2012 1:53 PM

If I make changes to a clip in the time line in Final Cut Pro, does time machine just make changes in the individual clip in the package or does it  backup the whle  package even though only a single change was made?  If the whole package, do you have any suggestions on how to run a sensible backups, so I don't run out of space on my backup hard drive.  I have over over a hundred movies, and  I am constantly making minor edits to  my movies.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Jakob Peterhänsel Level 3 Level 3 (655 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 6:00 PM (in response to lburech)

Your timeline data is not stored in the clips!

It's stored in the Project timeline, aka a XML file in your project. Time Machine will back that (small) file up just fine..

FCPX also does backups itself, in the Project (and Events) folders, in case you need to go back in time..

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.