Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s not syncing new contacts back to iMac Address Book

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could help me with this problem I am having, which looks strange to me, but maybe it's supposed to be this way after the iCloud evolution?

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1 and an iMac 21" running OS 10.6.8 (yes, still on Snow Leopard and happy).

I have noticed that when I plug the iPhone to iTunes and sync, new people that I have added on the phone are not being added to the Address Book on the computer. However if I add a new person on the iMac's Adress Book and sync that person is added to the phone. Also, if I edit an existing contact changes are reflected just fine on the other side with the sync.

Can anyone please help? This is an important matter since I risk to not find people over time.

By the way, I have noticed that on my iPhone the Contacts are arranged in 3 groups: "All Contacts", "All from My Mac" and "All email@me.com". By playing around I have also noticed that if I add a new person on my phone specifically to the "All from My Mac" group, when I sync, they are indeed tranferred back to my computer as well. But over time I have always been inside "All Contacts" on my phone and the people I have added in the last several months (if not a year) have not been reflected on my computer's Address Book.

What is the best way to sort this out?

Big thanks in adavnce. 🙂

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 3:42 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4s not syncing new contacts back to iMac Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.