Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Connection Kit

I'm trying to transfer .mov video files and .jpeg pictures using the camera connection kit SD card. I keep getting this error message: CONTENTS NOT AVAILABLE. CANNOT READ THE CONNECTED STORAGE MEDIA"

I've used multiple SD cards. Sometimes when I insert the card it won't do anything at all, and then finally gives me this error message.

Any suggestions?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1, 32 Gig, Black

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 5:52 PM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2012 6:35 PM in response to rwgleaves

Are these images put onto the cards by a camera? or are you putting them on the cards? because the cards have to follow a very strict naming convention. All files have to be in a folder named DCIM and have to have a file name of exactly 8 characters, DSC_3442 for example.

I'm also not sure if the iPad plays .mov files. It might, just can't recall. And any videos will have to follow the same naming convention of the photos

Nov 22, 2012 6:45 PM in response to rwgleaves

You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Secrets of the iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57401068-285/secrets-of-the-ipad-camera-conn ection-kit/

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Camera Connection Kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.