Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the confusing inconsistency in Finder? 3rd column category header looks like another folder - lacks divider underline and instead uses the folder icon. Why are applications grouped with folders when select 1) Applications & 2) Label as the sort

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 5:32 PM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2012 8:17 PM in response to Canuck One

I think the folder icon in the category head is a bug. I've seen it on occasion also. If you switch to a different view — such as list — then switch back, I think it will go away. For a a while.

As for the items under the "Other" category, I think they are just items that don't have an associated category, however that category is defined. If you want a clear separation of folders, try arrange by Kind.

Why the confusing inconsistency in Finder? 3rd column category header looks like another folder - lacks divider underline and instead uses the folder icon. Why are applications grouped with folders when select 1) Applications & 2) Label as the sort

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.