Here are some things you can try in an order you choose:
• If you have not already done so, restart Mac and try again. A simple restart often clears up minor issues, including yours.
• Check your Mac's > Software Update... menu command to see if updates are needed.
• Click your Mac's > System Preferences... > Flash Player > Advanced > Updates: "Check Now" menu command to see if a Flash update is needed. If an update is available, use your Mac's Disk Utility to repair permissions. Then follow Adobe's instructions here:
Be sure to uninstall your current Flash player before installing the new one.
Repair permissions again immediately following installation of the updated Flash player. Then test whether your cam is working.
• Check your Flash Player Preferences configuration in your Mac's > System Preferences... > Flash Player > Camera and Mic settings. They may be blocking Flash on a system-wide basis.
• Check your individual Flash settings to be certain they are correct: http://tinyurl.com/5kjv3
• Use your Mac's Disk Utility to repair permissions and then download and apply the latest Combo Update. For your Mac OS, the current one is at:
(Yes, use this Combo even though you are already running 10.8.2)
Repair permissions again immediately following the system restart that completes the Combo update.
• If you have added Safari Extensions or third-party "toolbars" to Safari, check their support sites for help.
* Try a different browser (example: Firefox, etc.) to see if your cam works correctly with it.