Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recently purchased a used imac with os 10.6 The problem I am having the admin in accounts in system preferences I would like to change so I can download some items I have tried different things to do this but I cannot figure it out. thanks

I recently purchased a used imac with os 10.6 The problem I am having the admin in accounts in system preferences I would like to change so I can download some items I have tried different things to do this but I cannot figure it out. thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:50 AM

What areyou trying to down load? And what is stopping you? Please be more specific.

7 replies

Nov 23, 2012 2:24 AM in response to Austin Kinsella1

Thats the problem I bought it from a very large thrift store. i went back asked the person where I bought the computer he said we can not give you the password. I thought buying it there was a good idea because not only was it a nice deal but it was like I was maknig a donation. I know that i messed up because i do not have the installation disk. I bought it without thinking. Until recently I was still using an old G4 9.0 os. I guess you can say I have been out of the loop for a while.

i recently purchased a used imac with os 10.6 The problem I am having the admin in accounts in system preferences I would like to change so I can download some items I have tried different things to do this but I cannot figure it out. thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.