Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The App Store is confused.... again

Does anyone else periodically get notified that you have Apps the have updates available and when you look at them in the App Store the button to update shows installed? I check the version listed against the version that I have in the Applications folder and they are the same. I have been seeing and received more and more complaints about this happening especially with the updates coming from Apple. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 7:07 AM

9 replies

Nov 26, 2012 8:42 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

Thanks Hackintosh,

I will give re-indexing a try. I cannot use the App Store to re-download ARD. We are distributing ARD by purchasing a set amount of licenses and then making it available via a internal server by just dragging it to your Applications folder. I asked Apple if this would cause any problems with updates and they assured me that it wouldn't after they tested it themselves.

Feb 6, 2013 11:09 AM in response to MacDaddi

If re-indexing doesn't help, try this:

Go to the Mac App Store (MAS), and Right-Click on the update **Name** - then choose "Hide Update".

If the update is grouped with another update (or other updates), you must first click on the small "More…" button/link to expand the list. Then Right-Click on the **Name** of the specific update you want to hide.

Feb 6, 2013 11:38 AM in response to Ron Herrmann

Ron,

Thanks for the suggestion but something eventually fixed it and I can't say exactly what. In the last month or two ARD disappeared from the App Store and the icon in the Dock.

In the App Store I can choose items to Hide in the Purchases List if I right click on them but not in the Updates list. In my experience, even if you choose to Hide an item in Purchases it still shows up in the Updates list and in the Icon in the Dock unless I'm not understanding you.

Mar 9, 2013 5:00 PM in response to MacDaddi

Well, I'm not sure that I can further explain it, or explain it any better, because, now, I can't get it to work either.

:-\

What I know is that, I'd get these recurring notifications to update to Safari 6.0.2 via the App Store, and I won't do that until I can find a downloadable file to distribute across my Macs.

Anyway - I got tired of seeing the update notice, so I clicked on the "More" link (because I had 2 updates pending), and when they 'itemized' themselves (2 separate listings), I was able to Right-Click on the names of each, and choose "Hide Update."

Now, I've got 2 updates pending for a couple of stupid games that I downloaded to my iPad, and it won't let me hide them! I don't get it.

Has Apple completely dumped the concept of consistency?

Wait a minute! I just realized something: I'm currently working on my older Mac Pro (1,1) which doesn't support Mountain Lion, so I'm running OS X 10.7.5 just as you are - and THAT's why neither of us can see the "Hide Update" when we Right Click…

I am able to do this on my newer 12-Core under Mountain Lion.

Sorry that I wasted your time.

The App Store is confused.... again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.