Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone got wet, can i retrieve data?

my i phone got wet last night & will not turn on. i am really devastated as all my photos of our new baby are on it. i updated my phone 2/3 weeks ago on our laptop- is it possible to retrieve my photos at all? i am desperate 😟

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:57 AM

Put your phone in dry rice and let it sit for a few days. It might dry it out and possibly still work. Also if it desnt, then if you have backed up your phone with the photos your looking for, then when you get a new phone you can restore it from backup if you had the photos synced and backed up.

8 replies

Nov 23, 2012 9:19 AM in response to fforddcynan

When your new phone arrives, activate it with the carrier. Make sure you are using the same apple id as the old phone. During setup it should ask you if you want to restore from itunes, icloud or as new. Choose restore from itunes, and it will instruct you to connect to your computer with your itunes,connect, then choose restore from backup.

my iphone got wet, can i retrieve data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.