Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Topic : Authorizing computers

I have 2 laptops that have crashed, one was a work laptop and the other personal. I never was able to deauthorize those computers. How can I take care of this problem so I can authorize other computers?

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:15 AM

Individual computers can only be deauthorised directly on them, but if you have 2 or more computers authorised (you can have a maximum of 5) then you can log into your account on your computer's iTunes (Store > View My Account) and 'deauthorise all' (which you can do once every 12 months) and you can then authorise/reauthorise the computers that you still have and need : authorising and deauthorising.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2012 9:15 AM in response to K.Baber

Individual computers can only be deauthorised directly on them, but if you have 2 or more computers authorised (you can have a maximum of 5) then you can log into your account on your computer's iTunes (Store > View My Account) and 'deauthorise all' (which you can do once every 12 months) and you can then authorise/reauthorise the computers that you still have and need : authorising and deauthorising.

May 4, 2015 2:27 PM in response to K.Baber

The instructions here don't work as of May 2015.

You have to:

1.Go into ITunes and look way up in the top left corner for the little black and white rectangle

2.Click on the rectangle.

3.Click on Itunes Store

4. Click on Authorize or Deauthorize this computer

Nothing else worked from all the suggestions on all the websites.

Totally user unfriendly! :-(

Topic : Authorizing computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.