Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big iMessage problem... iMessage turned into Bonjour?

I have an iMac and an iPhone both running the most current operating systems for the respective device. Somehow, today my Mac "forgot" that my phone number was associated with my account. Eventually it remembered after signing in and out multiple times on both of my devices. However, all of my conversations on my iMac have turned into 'Bonjour" conversations. I can't use any of them. I have never used Bonjour at all. iMessage is working, and one person messaged me and that conversation is working. However, all of my other conversations are set as "Bonjour" and I cannot use them. What can I do?

Note: iMessage is working perfectly on my iPhone.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I've been able to go through and change the chats with ONE person back to iMessage. However, I am unable to do so with group chats.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 27", 8 GM Memory

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:30 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2012 3:01 PM in response to sflomenb

Hi,

I would go to the Messages Menu > Preferences and Enable the Bonjour Account and then turn it Off again.

If that does not cure the issue have the Finder as the Front app and use th Go Menu > Go to Folder and type in ~/Library/Preferences in to the dialogue box.

In the Preferences find com.apple.ichat.Subnet.plist and Drag it to the Trash

Restart Messages.

IF that does not work delete the com.apple.ichat.AIM (or Jabber).plist depending on which service your Group chats are with.

Again restart Messages (this recreates the .plist from defaults in the app)

User uploaded file
11:00 PM Saturday; November 24, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Big iMessage problem... iMessage turned into Bonjour?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.