Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID is tied to a former employers IPhone to which I no longer have access.

I want to make sure that my APPLE ID is no longer tied to that phone. Also, the apps that I have paid for need to be disabled under my credit card. Suggestions?

iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:29 PM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2012 1:34 PM in response to Sourcedoc

Change the password for your Apple ID. You may also want to change the primary e-mail address you're using for the ID.

If you pur personally purchased apps on a phone owned by your employer, did you also set up an iCloud account on it? Did you activate the find my iPhone service? If so, you could attempt to initiate a remote wipe or remote lock.

Keeping in mind that legally, you may be in big trouble if you wipe the data on a phone that does not belong to you.

Other than that, if the phone was not passcode locked, then there's nothing you can do to keep them from accessing the data/apps that are on the phone now.

My Apple ID is tied to a former employers IPhone to which I no longer have access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.