Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud iwork documents

I have icloud enabled on my iPad and on my laptop. I also have Pages on my laptop and on my iPad. Why aren't my documents from my iPad showing up in iCloud so I can access them on my laptop?

Thanks.

Nancy

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 2:23 PM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2012 9:57 PM in response to Nancy Bley1

Things to check [in this order]:

On the iPad:

Settings > iCloud > signed into an iCloud account [I assume that's what you meant by "icloud enabled."]

Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data > On [and Use Cellular Data > On if applicable]

Settings > Pages > Use iCloud > ON

In Pages, verify that you see your documents in the Pages "sandbox".

Create a new test document with a distinctive name and type in some sample text.

Click the Documents button to return to the document list.

Verify that none of the document icons has the upper right corner folded back with an upward-pointing arrow behind.

In a browser on a Mac or PC [not the iPad]:

Open a new window, open icloud.com and sign into the same iCloud account.

Click on the iWork icon.

Click on the Pages tab.

Verify that you can see the same documents here, including the new test document.

On your MacBook:

System Preferences > iCloud > signed on the same iCloud account [Again, I assume so.]

System Preferences > iCloud > Documents & Data checked

System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > [accountname] > Documents & Data checked

Pages > File > Open...

The open dialog should have "iCloud" and "On My Mac" at the upper left. Select "iCloud" by clicking on it, which should cause it to be surrounded by a rounded rectangle if it was not so already.

Verify that you see the same documents here, including the new test document.

Open the new test document to verify that it has the sample text.

Make a small change, save the result.

Back on the iPad, open the new test document and verify that the small change has been made.

Nov 25, 2012 7:45 PM in response to markwmsn

This worked great. Thanks. One more question. When I go to open a doc on my laptop, in this case the new doc created per you instructions, it only gives me the option to open in Pages. There is a download arrow. The option for Word or PDF are grayed out. Is it possible to open the doc in either of these two, Word or Pages when on the Mac?

Nancy

icloud iwork documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.