Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get safari for OS X 10.6.8?

I downloaded some upgrates for my macbookpro in july this year, but after that Safari don't work. So, where can I download Safari for OS X 10.6.8 for re-install this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 2:06 PM

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#internet

You can download the new Safari 6 if you want to, but I recommend sticking with version 5 (linked above) unless you upgrade your Mac to Mountain Lion.

4 replies

Nov 27, 2012 9:49 AM in response to Tushev M.

Tushev M. wrote:

I'm really nervous, because Chrome get started some bugs and I don't fix it yet.

Uninstall Chrome and any Google software, then search online for the rootkit autoupdater and how to uninstall that.

And for upgrade to Mountain Lion I don't ready yet:)

I agree with you, 10.6 is so much better and faster, runs your older PPC based software.

Nearly 50% of OS X users are still on 10.6 🙂

Apple is still issuing security updates for 10.6, however Safari 6 (with numerous patches) is only for later OS versions.

So you should be using Firefox as it's at 17.0 now and receives attention and updates, unlike Safari 5.04 which isn't.

You might want to be considering making bootable clones of 10.6 and also installing Deep Freeze, just in case Apple cuts off security updates for 10.6 you can keep your machine secure.

Most commonly used backup methods

Harden your Mac against malware attacks

Where can I get safari for OS X 10.6.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.