Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto/Mountain Lion Desktop Settings

Hey there,

This is kind of a simple but convoluted question: I'm running the latest Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro (I'd give more info but I don't think it's relevant in this case):

I'm running the latest iPhoto and I have several databases/libraries. IE: Portfolio, Random Desktops, Textures (for 3D work), etc....

I have several desktops and my "default" library is my photo backgrounds library.

When I'm working in another library, is it going to mess up using the "default" library desktops for the background? Basically, do I have to always revert/switch to "default" library before quitting iPhoto for it to keep pulling up random desktop images every few minutes, the way that I have it set? I haven't been able to tell if it works completely as it often has problems even setting the desktop via iPhoto on some of the desktops I have up for some reason. I'm not sure why, but it seems a little buggy.

Any tips/info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Time Machine, External Drive

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:56 PM

When I'm working in another library, is it going to mess up using the "default" library desktops for the background?

iPhoto - or whatever - will draw from the most recently opened Library for those desktop images.

Regards

TD

9 replies

Nov 23, 2012 2:12 PM in response to Yer_Man

That's a problem because I literally have tens of thousands of pictures from my personal portfolio sequences, my 3D graphic work, and thousands of thousands of pictures for textures in 3D work. It would become incredibly huge and unweildy. I'm not sure how I'd go about categorizing everything with events, etc... I do have aperture, and I do use it, but even with Aperture, it's hard to organize that many different kinds/sets of photos when they're so drastically different. If you have any tips on how to do it, and if I can know in advance that such a database wouldn't take 20 minutes to open in iPhoto, then I might be tempted to try that.

iPhoto/Mountain Lion Desktop Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.