Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using large font in mail

My wife has retinal tares in her eyes, and until we get them fixed, I adjusted her Mail to size 36, and her iMac's screen size to a big size too. (I just tried to remember the size looking at my computer's resolution, but my computer is a year newer and can run Mountain Lion, and the selection choices look different).

This works, she can read most of her e-mail. Except the lines are closer together with less white space between them - and some e-mail is unreadable as the lines overlap. I looked in her mail preferences and cannot find a setting to change the spacing between lines.

What can I do?

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 5:55 PM

Howard --

The space between the lines is called "leading." Unfortunately, there is no setting for that in Mail. You might try

going down to 24 size, or even try different fonts. I think if you played with the fonts, you might find one that would work in 36, even.

3 replies

Using large font in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.