Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook tags in uploaded album not linked to profile

I saw a lot of threads on this subject but nothing really solved my problem. Also they all seem rather out-dated, so maybe there are some new tricks I don't know of.

I spent hours over hours tagging faces in iPhoto after syncing my facebook account, and when I was finally done, decided to upload to a Facebook album.

90% of the faces, including mine and my wife's, appeared as tags that are not linked to profiles (font is black and you can't link them back to the profile).

Things I tried:

1. Manually making sure the e-mail field in each face is "<facebook_user_id>@facebook.com"

2. Manually tagging a photo in facebook, importing it back to the library, merging the created Facebook face with the other face.

3. Importing a different Facebook album with tags for most faces I need to the library, merging Facebook faces with non-FB faces.

And all of this didn't help.

I think it might help for future photos I'll upload, but existing ones stay the same.

I really don't want to re-upload the photos (because some people already liked and commented on them), or to re-tag everything (because I spent hours doing so already).

This is so annoying, it makes the whole faces feature + facebook integration on iPhoto pretty much worthless.

Any ideas whatsoever of how I can workaround this issue?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 5:19 PM

There are no replies.

Facebook tags in uploaded album not linked to profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.