Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture white balance preset problem (raw from Lumix DMC-G3)

Use of white balance presets gives bad color on raw images from my Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3. Setting white balance with gray sources shifts green-magenta tint offscale toward magenta (plus 70 to 100 range). JPEG images do not have this problem.

OS X 10.6.8 and Aperture 3.2.4. Have other DMC-G3 users seen this problem? Could my camera raw support be faulty?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac limited to Aperture 3.2.4

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:57 PM

5 replies

Jun 19, 2013 11:25 AM in response to Skipperer

Colors from the RAW file do look different from the JPEG. RAW colors depend on which RAW processor and what settings (or white balance steps) were used. Regardless of the Aperture steps I use, the result is not a complete match to the JPEG. And I don't really expect it to be a complete match. This is also true using SILKYPIX as the RAW processor.

I found no solution to Aperture's G3 Temperature & Tint problem. SILKYPIX also needs extra magenta tint on G3 RAW images, but it is not offscale. I've done no more, since my old iMac is too slow to use the RAW images.

See more about RAW conversion in this link to DP Review:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmcg3/13

Aperture white balance preset problem (raw from Lumix DMC-G3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.