Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes states I can only rent movies from my Canadian account. I am in the US and want to rent a movies on my AppleTV.

I am unable to rent a movie on my AppleTV. I get a statement that I can only rent from the Canadian account, yet I am in the US.

Options?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:04 PM

5 replies

Nov 23, 2012 6:11 PM in response to dalelap

your Apple ID is bound to the country it is registered.

Your option would be either create an additional Apple ID that is for USA, or change the country of the current one

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

If you decide to change the current ID - you will be prompted to update your billing information, therefore you have to have an address in USA and since you would like to purchase/rent - you may need a credit card that is issued in USA.

iTunes states I can only rent movies from my Canadian account. I am in the US and want to rent a movies on my AppleTV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.