Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can you save keynote slides as high resolution (300 dpi) images?

Apparently there is a way to save powerpoint slides as 300 dpi images, with some finagling, but not the mac version. Does anyone know how to do this in keynote? Or is there a relativley easy way to do it with free/cheap software? I can increase the dpi in photoshop, but it doesn't produce crisp images for obvious reasons.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2016 12:06 AM

I know this post is from 2012, but I had this exact same issue and found a workaround--export the slide from Keynote to a PDF, then open the PDF in Preview, which allows you to export as a JPEG with whatever pixels/inch resolution you desire.

5 replies

Nov 24, 2012 8:59 AM in response to itom37

how can you save keynote slides as high resolution (300 dpi)

to save individual images from each slide in Keynote; file > export > images > TIFF (for optimum quality)

You are using the wrong terminology to describe creating an image file

- dpi ( meaning dots per inch ) is the measurement used in printing to create the number of print dots per inch that will be deposited on to physical media like paper or film This is done in the printer settings box of the print driver and is dependant on how the individual printer can print..

ppi ( meaning pixels per inch ) is the measurement you need to use when creating the number of pixels in a digital image file. You establish image resolution in Keynote using the inspector;

Keynote > inspector > document > slide size

I can increase the dpi in photoshop, but it doesn't produce crisp images for obvious reasons.

You can resample images in editing applications such as Photoshop or Painter but what you are doing is adding non image information to the image to increase pixel count, this is called noise. As you state this is not the procedure to use in your situation.

how can you save keynote slides as high resolution (300 dpi) images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.