Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Samsung blu-ray to AX wirelessly issues with TKIP?

I just purchased a Samsung BD-E5400 so that I can connect it to my TV wirelessly for streaming. But I keep getting screens saying that "due to changes in WiFi policy, cannot support TKIP security type in 802.11n mode. Check a security setting on the access point. " It suggested on another screen to contact the ISP. Can anyone suggest which way to go...besides back to the store with a return item? I haven't had any issues with anything else connecting.... I even have 2 other Samsung blu-rays connected via wi-fi. They are a year older and different models... so I'm thinking the newer one would be MORE likely to support stricter security settings, not less. Samsung's support was really no help. I've seen a few posts regarding similar type issues, but they were a few years old (2009 and older)... and I am really not a tech person, so I get confused about all the security terminology... but I am just not understanding why Samsung can't tell me if it can work or not...only to "conatct apple support"... My applecare is long gone... I just want to know if there is a security setting that needs to be changed to make it work or if it just WON'T work and I need to return the thing.

Anybody have suggestions for me? Or been thru this?

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:06 PM

2 replies

Connecting Samsung blu-ray to AX wirelessly issues with TKIP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.