Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading additional content in Logic Pro-- download failed

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I was downloading the 4.6 Gb bundle of additional content, and after about 5-6 hours it was about half way finished. I was moving my macbook and closed it for a moment, and when I re-opened it I was given an error message that my download had failed. I restarted the download and it has started from scratch! My question/concern is in three parts

A. Is all the content that initially downloaded just going to lurk on my hard drive, taking up space while being useless, or

B. Is all that content going to be deleted?

C. Why couldn't the download just pick up where I left off?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 2:02 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 7:25 PM in response to pwdennison

I'd love an answer to this, because as far as I can tell:

A. Yes. Even if it's 12GB.

B. It will lurk there, in a hidden folder, forever, until you figure out how to delete it (good luck).

C. I have no idea.

I was downloading the ~15GB drum sample library. Logic Pro X crashed at 12GB. I tried to start again, but it won't let me, because now I "don't have enough hard drive space." And the reason I don't have enough space is because the 12GB from the first download is STILL ON MY HARD DRIVE. But where is it? It's in a hidden folder. In Yosemite / Private, and then somewhere deep in there.

So can I delete it? It's nested in, like, 6 subfolders. Where do I delete it from? Why wasn't this issue foreseen? Why have an app that requires 30+GB of downloaded data, but have no contingency plan for when it fails?

Downloading additional content in Logic Pro-- download failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.