Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto lost photos when it unexpectedly stopped??

Hello,

I recently got a MacBook Pro and it was all going good, until now. So I have a camera and whenever I import my photos, I import them into iphoto. Lately it has been quitting unexpectedly, but it never lost any of my images. This time, I just imported about 400 photos and when it was done importing it asked if i wanted to delete them from my memory card and I said yes. After it deleted them from the memory card, it "quit unexpectedly" and when I re-opened iphoto there was just two folders in my events from what I just imported and nothing in them.

I've looked in last import, trash and folders from the iphoto library in finder. This is really frustrating and I'm wondering if there's a way to save my photos! If anyone knows please help!

Thanks,

Lewx2

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 3:12 AM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2012 7:40 AM in response to lewx2

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In Library Manager it's the FIle -> Rebuild command)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

iphoto lost photos when it unexpectedly stopped??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.