Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pod shuffle(4th gen) not working after using reset utility

I had bought a new I pod shuffle, and tried all basic tips and tricks to get it working with I tunes. But failing to do so I eventually used the i pod reset utility after which the I pod has not responded at all. No light or sign of life what so ever.

I have i tune 10.7 with windows 7

Please help. I haven't used it even once

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:34 AM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2012 7:31 PM in response to planb77

Yeah I came to know it wouldn't work on the 4th gen after I had used the utility already 😟

In the beginning I was able to find it on the I tunes after synchronising it, and as I failed to move songs into it, I decided use the reset utility.

Since then there is no light on the Ipod, and I guess i might have ruined it's software but not sure.

The cable's plugged in properly..no metal part visible, it's all the way in the Ipod. Any other options?

I pod shuffle(4th gen) not working after using reset utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.