Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can my macbook pro go through the xray at the airport?

I have a mac book pro 13 in. late 2012 "no retina" and I was wondering if my computer will stand going though an xray at one of the int'nl airports. I dont just want it to "survive" but i want it without a problem. Will it go through? Also this will be my first tome taking in a mac to the airport. Any tips to keep it safe, prevent theft (for free, no paid programs and stuff), and TSA? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 2012 model

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:18 PM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2013 9:11 PM in response to 12345678910questions

These computers are built to withstand airport exrays. They xray each and every computer before it goes on the plane. They scan probably tens of thousands each day.

No one will take your laptop while being scanned. Just don't forget to collect it at the end of the belt, and don't put it through the scanner until it's your turn to personally be scanned so that it goes through when you do. Since it's your first time taking it on a plane, you should know that you will have to take the laptop completely out of whatever bag you're carrying it in and place it directly in one of the baskets that they will give you. Do not send it through the scanner witout putting it in the basket first so that it doesn't get damaged.

Good luck.

can my macbook pro go through the xray at the airport?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.