4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 6:42 AM by winesy90 Branched to a new discussion.
jenellefromcharlotte Level 1 Level 1

Apple geniuses are split between whether I would need a macbook or if an Ipad would work for my use.  Primary uses: browsing, email, editing photos, and listeming to music.

Thanks,

Jenelle

iPad 2
  • Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8

Only you can really tell what would meet with your requirements (and budget), but a MacBook Pro is a fully fledged computer capable of doing all you want. An iPad is, put it this way, a computer-lite, using diffferent software and without the heavy-duty capabilities of a proper computer.

• babowa Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.ipad
    iPad

Additionally, if you have lots of photos, the iPad's largest size is 64 GB - that's not a lot for a photo library.

• wjosten Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

jenellefromcharlotte wrote:

Primary uses: browsing, email, editing photos, and listeming to music.

You want a computer if you're seriously into editing photos. While there are some editing programs that run on the iPad...Filterstorm, as an example...none compare to Photoshop which only runs on a computer. Adobe has released a Photoshop program for the iPad, but IMO, its not ready for prime time. The iPad augments the computer for serious photo work...quick edits in the field...not having to lug around a laptop, but you need the storage & power of a computer for serious work.

• winesy90 Level 1 Level 1

Sorry, I was not aware.. Just trying to help the OP