Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with my external USB 3.0 (Toshiba) hard drive and Macbook Air 2012

I can't seem to get any help on this from Apple and I am tired of ti I have a new Macbook Air 2012 model and have several Toshiba external USB 3.0 drives. I did the Mountain Lion App Store 10.8.2 update and all of a sudden non of my drives are mountable or accessible. I've been in IT 16 years and have never seen anything like this. The drives are physically fine and I can see the mapped partitions on a Windows 7 machine just fine and even use HFS Explorer to view the directory structures. The data on these drives is extremely important to not only me, but also the DoD who I am working with on a major project. Now I can't get to my documents to edit them or pull down the virtual machines I setup for my labs.

I've done all sorts of research and googled myself to death. I even foudn the "missing because Apple pulled" 2.0 update to try and fix this issue. Whatever was done with ML 10.8.2 on these notebooks renders the USB ports useless. Does anyone have a solution to getting these drives to mount?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 3:10 PM

There are no replies.

Problems with my external USB 3.0 (Toshiba) hard drive and Macbook Air 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.