Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I jump to new updates in previously read threads?

Hello all -

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find the right wording in a search to find it. I've been following a lengthy thread that is currently 31 pages long. When it appears in my list with a blue dot and the yellow updated notation, how do I skip over the pages and pages I've already read and jump to where I left off last time?

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), (mid 2011); 2.7GHz i7; 8GB RAM

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 8:55 AM

This has been discussed at length - at the present time, there appears to be no way. What's more, occasionally, it'll actually jump to the last post automatically, but most of the time, it does not. These forums are using Jive software and the hosts are trying to improve the flow - so far, it's a hit or miss for any last post.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2012 8:55 AM in response to Randy Knowles

This has been discussed at length - at the present time, there appears to be no way. What's more, occasionally, it'll actually jump to the last post automatically, but most of the time, it does not. These forums are using Jive software and the hosts are trying to improve the flow - so far, it's a hit or miss for any last post.

Nov 27, 2012 8:08 AM in response to turingtest2

As an addendum and to add insult to injury:

There was a new post or two on a thread I'm involved in and (as usual) I get to the first page. So I first click on "next" to get to the second (and last) page - once there, I am at the top of the page, so I thought I'd try clicking on the "latest reply" link. Well, rather than getting me to the last post, it took me back to the first post on the first page. So, I had to click again on next and then just scrolled down.....

How do I jump to new updates in previously read threads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.