Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THUNDERBOLT DISPLAY

My thunderbolt display is not working, how may I check to see if my thunderbolt ports are working? My thunderbolt display was working initially.

Thunderport display-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:54 PM

4 replies

Nov 24, 2012 10:07 PM in response to MEDICALNCO

What isn't working - the display itself or the ports? Or both? You can plug any correct cable into the ports to see if they're working - Ethernet, USB, Firewire, etc.

If the whole display isn't working - or any of the ports - you need to take your kit to your local Apple Store or an AASP and have them look at it.

BTW, just for your information - there is a Thunderbolt Display discussion forum.

Cood luck,

Clinton

Nov 24, 2012 10:11 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

I just bought a thunderbolt display, I connected via thunderbolt and plugged power cord to wall. It was detected and worked fine initially. Now, when I powered on my macbook pro retina display it does not detect the thunderbolt display. I have all updates current. It is brand new, that's why I was disappointed. Thanks for the discussion forum.

THUNDERBOLT DISPLAY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.