Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto overwrites the name of location I assigned

Hi

I have scanned older pictures and assigned the name of the places, for example "Serfaus" in Austria or "San Jordi" in Spain, etc. These places showed up in the pop up list and I clicked on it and it seemed that Iphoto has accepted them. But when close the picture and reopen Iphoto has overwriten the place in something totally different like San Francisco or even fantasy names "Dfeut", Swerb or so. Very strange!!! Anybody has the same problem. It seems to work fine for US, but not in Europe.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 2:39 AM

9 replies

Dec 1, 2012 12:16 AM in response to LarryHN

Alpha Name in Iphoto and actually it happens not only to scanned but also imported pictures.

There might also be translation issues. I have assigned Serfaus in Austria to a picture (btw via the info tag) and on the map view under countries Iphoto assigns Australia instead of Austria (in French Australie instead of Autriche). The tag on the map is on the right place, in Austria and not Australia.

Iphoto overwrites the name of location I assigned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.