Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Happy Birthday" calendar event virus?

I have an event called "Happy Birthday" on my actual birthday in September on my iPad calendar. Somehow, it's growing. I know have 25 events on my calendar on the same day and a new one appears each time I check.

It says its from "Contacts" with an email of a bunch of letters and numbers then @virtual.

I can't delete these events. I also don't want to remove this calendar as it's got too much work-related events.

I've also just noticed it's done this on 2011 and 2013 but no other year.

Is this a virus? Can anyone help get this removed?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 6:18 AM

8 replies

Nov 25, 2012 8:15 AM in response to dazegoonboy

Hi guys,

I think I've found a solution. I went to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and turned off the contacts birthday calendar from syncing. I then went into settings for my calendars and turned them all off as well as my contacts. I then checked the contacts had been deleted from the device and the calendar was also gone. I then closed both the calendar and contacts apps, and then turned the calendar and contacts back on in the settings app. Duplicates are now gone!

Hope it works for you as we'll. even if you don't show a birthday calendar go ahead and update the I formation at this link and it may still fix the problem. My friend did have the calendar but repeated birthdays were still gone once she updated at this link.

"Happy Birthday" calendar event virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.