Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad virus scanning.

I have an Ipad 2. I discovered it has an e-mail virus. It is sending Spam to all my e-mail contacts. My desktop IMac is not yet infected. Any ideas on how I can get rid of the virus on my Ipad - I can't find anything in the App Store to clean it up. I have Charter Anti-virus on my IMac but it won't scan my Ipad. Thankyou!

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 7:32 AM

8 replies

Nov 25, 2012 7:35 AM in response to krmarte

There are no viruses that affect iOS devices, so your iPad cannot have an e-mail virus and it cannot be sending spam to all your contacts.

As there are no viruses that can affect the iPad, there are no virus checkers that can check one. That's why you can't find any virus checkers in the AppStore.

Whatever is sending spam to your contacts, is not your iPad.

Feb 20, 2015 11:33 PM in response to krmarte

I have a virus on my iPad. I downloaded 2 apps yesterday from istore. I can't remember what they were since I Immediately deleted them when the problem occurred. One was a cut and paste photo editor, the other was a YouTube video manager. Now Google and Safari are being redirected to **** sites constantly. Can someone please help urgently. My iPad has never been jail broken and I would hate to have to reset it to factory settings and lose all my work. I have done a general reset from the setting menu and turned the ipad off and on again, this did not work.

Feb 21, 2015 2:19 AM in response to lynnesears

Unless you jailbreak your ipad-you can not get a virus on it.

AV software can not work on an iPad due to sandboxing.

Sandboxing prevents apps from accessing data or services from other apps or making systemwide changes.

this is one of the reasons there are no viruses on iOs devices.

Another is you can only download apps from the Apple appstore, which are all scanned for male are before they are approved.

How are you accessing the Internet?

http://www.thesafemac.com/how-to-manage-a-hacked-wireless-router/

Feb 27, 2015 11:42 PM in response to Rudegar

Many thanks for all who tried to help with my problem of malware sites opening up in Safari and Google app on my iPad. But he fault was with the router. My network had been hacked. The iPad worked as normal when I went on a friends wifi. I had to get my internet provider to deal with it. So it seems it is true that apple products don't get virus. Great!

Ipad virus scanning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.