Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is deleting mail automatically

Is anyone else seeing this?

In the last couple of hours iCloud's junk mail servers have gone berserk and are flagging and deleting all of my incoming messages before I can see them. I get a notification on my Mac, but when I get to the mail box there is nothing on the Mac or on iCloud itself. I've switched off all junk filtering on the Mac and even stopped Mail running, it's still happening if I go to iCloud via a browser. On iCloud itself, Messages are not being put in my Junk folder, they're simply being binned.

I'm losing personal messages and business messages every few minutes.

I had something similar a few months ago and Apple said it was probably down to a system upgrade on their servers, looks like it has happened again.

The iCloud status page says everything is okay.

Of course, it being a Sunday in the UK no one is available to help.

I'm very unhappy as you can imagine.

Mike.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 10:38 AM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2012 11:02 AM in response to Mike Richards2

Just a follow up.

Using two browser windows, GMail in one, iCloud in the other.

I send the message from GMail and a few seconds later the iCloud Inbox is updated to say a new message has arrived.

The message is coloured that nasty brown shade Apple uses for junk mail. In the top bar there is a label that either iCloud or my rules (I have no rules) think the message is junk. I click the Not junk button. Nothing happens.

As soon as the message is loaded, it is deleted from my Inbox, it does not go to Junk and does not collect £200.

Mike.

iCloud is deleting mail automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.