Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning wheel on aperture

Any help when I open aperture I get the wheel of death!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 12:26 PM

What did you do, before this started? Did you import images? Did you install new software or upgrade software? Did Aperture crash, before this happened?

If you imported new images, try to start Aperture with the Shift-key held down, to prevent the generation of previews. If that succeeds, report back.

In all other cases, start by repairing your Aperture library, if you have not already done so.

See: Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Try all three repair methods, one after the other.

Regards

Léonie

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2012 12:26 PM in response to Matman285

What did you do, before this started? Did you import images? Did you install new software or upgrade software? Did Aperture crash, before this happened?

If you imported new images, try to start Aperture with the Shift-key held down, to prevent the generation of previews. If that succeeds, report back.

In all other cases, start by repairing your Aperture library, if you have not already done so.

See: Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Try all three repair methods, one after the other.

Regards

Léonie

Nov 25, 2012 11:05 PM in response to Matman285

Have you tried to launch Aperture with the "Shift" key held down?

What is Aperture doing, right before the wheel starts spinning? Try to open Aperture's "Activity window" before doing anything else. (Window > SHow Activity")

I have moved all the contants of the lib to LR.

How exactly did you do that? What did you move and where did you move it?

Nov 26, 2012 1:20 PM in response to Matman285

I have never used Lightroom, so I do not know, what Lightroom will do on import. Does it copy, move, rearrange the files in any way? In that case your Aperture library may have become corrupted, and since the Aperture Library First Aid Tools do not work, your best bet will be to restore your library from your backup.

Spinning wheel on aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.