Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option for sound to be routed through iPad

I ran into a problem with my ipad2 this morning. I started using it and noticed the sound wasn't working. This had happened to me before and after about a minute I discovered that I had left the sound on the Apple TV option in AirPlay. It was an easy fix just double click on the home button twice and scroll all the way to the left and select iPad under the airplay icon. This time when I went there iPad was not an option and dock connector was checked. I had never even seen dock connector as an option before. I called apple and found out my warranty expired 3 days ago. So I started looking here for answers I found one thread that didn't have an answer but gave reassured me that my speakers did still work. I went into settings/sounds and tapped on different ringtones and sound came out the speakers. I read other threads that said if your dock connector was dirty you could lose sound but mine appeared clean.

Here was my fix. I had just bought a cheap camera connection kit from amazon really cheap $3. Came right from china. It worked and read my SD cards but I really had to push it in firmly to get it to work. So I had the bright idea of jamming it in there again and taking it out and voila dock connector went away and iPad showed back up as an option. The camera kit went in the trash.

I hope this helps somebody else.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 1:35 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2012 3:45 PM in response to fromsouth

It seems to be working fine now. It has been charged up a couple times and is working perfictly with my Apogee Jam that plugs into the dock connector as well. I'm sure it was the cheap card reader that caused the problem. That's why I took the time to write the post? I assumed that was self explanatory by me saying "The camera kit went in the trash". Sorry if you misunderstood. I was just trying to help somebody from making the same mistake I did. I will try not to make assumptions any more when I post.

No option for sound to be routed through iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.