Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up of iPhoto library

I want to move all my pictures to external disc 2Tb. How can I do it seamlessly and safely?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 2:30 PM

Right or option click on the iPhoto Library and "Show Package Contents" and inside is a folder called "Originals"

Copy that to another drive and close the window when finished, now you have a copy of just your pictures and accesible by any machine, not only a Mac.

If you want to keep iPhoto Library on another drive, you can do that by copying the iPhoto Library to it and when opening iPhoto hold the option/alt key down to choose that iPhoto Library.

With many photo's it's best to have plenty of backups on seperate pieces of hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2012 2:30 PM in response to UriB

Right or option click on the iPhoto Library and "Show Package Contents" and inside is a folder called "Originals"

Copy that to another drive and close the window when finished, now you have a copy of just your pictures and accesible by any machine, not only a Mac.

If you want to keep iPhoto Library on another drive, you can do that by copying the iPhoto Library to it and when opening iPhoto hold the option/alt key down to choose that iPhoto Library.

With many photo's it's best to have plenty of backups on seperate pieces of hardware.

Back up of iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.