Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a 2nd hand iPad 2 be re-registered to my apple Id

I have recently bought a 2nd hand iPad 2 and I want to register it to my account but I do not no the previous owners details can it be re-registered to me thanks??

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 3:56 PM

Setup as new

Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings

6 replies

Nov 27, 2012 12:26 AM in response to Diavonex

Hi thanks for the information but does this de register the ipad from the list of items registered to the previous owner,

As I have tried to register it to my account on here but it says it is registered to another apple I'D,

I have no way of contacting the previous owner now as they have returned to Poland and I have no contact number for them as I understand that they can remove it from the owned item list as I have with my old phones when I have sold them on,

I currently have a 4s, and 2 3Gs iPhones in my list I want to add the ipad I own also as registered to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

Ryan

Nov 27, 2012 4:56 AM in response to Diavonex

I understand they can remove it but they have not done so,

and I have no way of contacting them to get them to do so,

I now legitimately own this ipad and I have got the carrier unlocked and use it for work

I just want it to have it registered to me in my owned items along with my iPhones I case anything happens to them for insurance purposes proof of ownership and for my own personal records of apple products I own,

So I what I am asking is there a way for apple to de-register the previous owner and register It to me as clearly it is now my property.

So could you please let me know if it is at all possible and if so what I have to do to do it.

Thank you for all your help so far any other advice is greatly appreciated

Regards

Ryan

Can a 2nd hand iPad 2 be re-registered to my apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.