Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th generation - Bluetooth not functioning properly

Bluetooth is not able to find devices but, can be found. I can pair it from my Blackberry Torch but, it's intermittent. I've tried with other devices too, and have found no luck - I tried pairing it with my car stereo which is also Bluetooth enabled. Am I the only person having trouble with their iPod's Bluetooth? Thanks in advance.

iPod nano

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 7:19 PM

12 replies

Jan 8, 2013 5:36 PM in response to deggie

Now that I was given a Nano 7th generation because my Mini has the white screen of death ( although still works otherwise, I just can't see anything on the screen), I find the Nano 7th won't connect ot my 2012 Hyundai Elantra car radio like the Mini would. I bought a 30 pin adapter and also tried my old 12vt charger and nothing works. I tried my Bluetooth pairing. Can't connect. Lame. Is there ever going to be any way for me to connect this Nano to enable it to play from my new car's speakers.?

Jan 8, 2013 7:17 PM in response to deggie

Well, it was a gift and a Classic costs another $100. I'll have to think about that. Not happy though. You'd think a new device and new car would be compatible. Somewhre else I read the Nano 7th is geared to sportspersons. I hgess they didn't think sortspersons would then get in their car and drive home wanting to listen to music.

Sep 26, 2014 8:57 AM in response to darnit2003

I'm having the same problem. I'm even using the cord supplied by Hyundai. they make sound it like a piece of cake in the manual. But when I plug in my 7th Gen Nano, the USB symbol shows on the car display, but then an error message on screen pops up and says 'no media detected'. It's so frustrating. I thought a 2014 vehicle would be on the ball. I can't even stream via Bluetooth. I'm so ******.

Aug 9, 2015 6:05 PM in response to BraveFart

Do you have another device that it is already linked to? I originally paired my Nano to my speakers but when I tried to link them
again, the Nano could not find the device any longer. I chose to forget the device and start all over again but then it could not find the device at all. I realized that the speakers are also paired to my iPad which I turn off but I rarely power it down completely. With iPad completely off, I tried pairing the Nano and the speakers. Voila, it worked! Again, if it's also linked to another device, turn it off and try pairing them.

iPod nano 7th generation - Bluetooth not functioning properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.