Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am on OSX 10.7.5 and recently had to reinstall it due to 'mail' not working correctly. That problem was resolved but now my I can't use the 'right click' function on the apple usb mouse. Any clues?

I am on OSX 10.7.5 and recently had to reinstall it due to 'mail' not working correctly. That problem was resolved but now my I can't use the 'right click' function on the apple usb mouse. I only have a previous version re-install disc as I bought the latest OSX off the app store. Any help gratefully received?

apple usb mouse-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:53 AM

10 replies

Nov 27, 2012 12:49 AM in response to BDAqua

I have tried my mouse on my wifes G4 macbook and it still works fine. I wonder whether it's something to do with apple not supporting non intel stuff any more? Then again photo-mark has a relatively new wired mouse so that can't be right.

I have got a non-apple usb mouse but that doesn't work at all. Would I need a driver for that? Just trying to think back to my pre mac days.

many thanks for all the suggestions.

Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM in response to Jamesm131

Hmmm, no, no drivers needed, now it sounds like a bad install... unless you might have some old Mouse software installed???

If 10.7.0 or later...

Bootup holding CMD+r, or the Option/alt key to boot from the Restore partition & use Disk Utility from there to Repair the Disk, then Repair Permissions.

If that doesn't help Reinstall the OS.

I am on OSX 10.7.5 and recently had to reinstall it due to 'mail' not working correctly. That problem was resolved but now my I can't use the 'right click' function on the apple usb mouse. Any clues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.