Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV shared Pictures wrong sorted since latest Update

Hello,

since latest Update from IPhoto to 9.4.2 the sharing from IPhoto to Apple-TV is wrong.

In IPhoto my Folders are sorted by date and shown in the right order.

When i try to look it at Apple TV my I-Photo-Library is shown in the wrong order....

I don`t know if the bug is coming fron the latest AppleTV-Update 5.1 or from the latest Update IPhoto 9.4.2

Before these Updates all were working fine. The sorting from folders shown in Iphote were shown at AppleTV 1:! right.

Any Ideas ? Sorry for my bad english!

Apple TV (3rd generation), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:39 AM

12 replies

Dec 2, 2012 1:20 PM in response to therealdeffi

I did the updates in the apple TV, itunes and Iphoto and I am still getting the photos on my apple TV airplay to appear unsorted. All the photos are sorted on iphoto but when they are airplayed through home sharing to my apple TV they are randomly organized when I see them on the apple TV. The updates did not improve that.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks

Jan 11, 2013 4:33 AM in response to therealdeffi

I believe it has to do with the separation between original and modified pictures in iPhoto. All my portrait oriented pictures are at the end. iPhoto rotates them automically, thus they are modified. It is also possible that the Apple TV is sorting by modified date instead of creation date. Either way its embarrassing to show my photos to guests on the TV.

If you haven't done so yet please report that bug to Apple so we get that fixed soon:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Mar 19, 2013 8:00 AM in response to therealdeffi

This has been driving me mad as well.

Having finally got round to properly sorting and organsing everything in iPhoto (I've been scanning hundreds of old slides, so that's forced me to organise myself!), it's been infuriating to see Apple TV (Gen 3 if that makes a difference) display them in a very odd order - based, I think, as others have said, on "modified" date, over which I have no control.

My work around is to change the "Sort" order in iPhoto.

iPhoto is setup with a series of Folders (one per year) and, in each folder, a handful of Albums. There is always a "General" album for the year for most photos, plus one or two others for major holidays. So, for example, I'll have a 2012 Folder, and in it, Albums called "General 2012", "London 2012".

Makes sense to me anyway!

Within each Album, photos are sorted by date - if the date was not correct, or it makes sense to change the order, I've changed the date. Which is where it all goes awry for Apple TV.

What I've now done is to batch-change the "Title" - which reflects the Album name, and, when I do this, selecting the "Append a Number to each photo" tick box. So, the titles of each photo will be "London 2012 - 001", "London 2012 - 002" etc. I then change the "Sort Photos" order under the View menu to be "By Title" (it will have changed to "Manual" if you've moved photos around). Nothing changes in iPhoto, as that's the order they were in anyway, but Apple TV now displays them in the correct order.

This seems to be working.

I'll keep the date organised as well, as if that's wrong iPhoto slideshows go awry!

Hope that helps somebody,

Colin

Apr 4, 2013 7:41 AM in response to ColR

I have the same problem. The sorting of photos on the AppleTV is puzzling. I've tried all sorts of tricks to get it right. For many photos this works, for others not.

I also got it the other way round: I have a series of photos that show up in the wrong order in iPhoto, but in the right order on the AppleTV! Go figure.

The best option would be if the AppleTV had a way of sorting photos by date or title (or filename).

Apple TV shared Pictures wrong sorted since latest Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.