Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Crashes with Memory Low Error Message ...!!

Hi Guys,

I run Logic Pro 9.0.1 on my macbook (2.26 Core 2 Duo, 60 GB HD free , 4GB RAM) and have 16 tracks (AU and Logic Instruments). I'm currently editing tracks (adding plugins and equalizing) but with CPU spikes being all the way up (RED) , logic crashes and everything goes down the drain....:(

So does this mean I need a better system with a faster processor , more RAM and a faster HD .... ?? I am contemplating on buying an iMac, wanted to wait for a couple of months but the way I see things, I wonder if I'll be able to work on my mac ....

Please advise ...

Cheers,

Gaggy ....

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 5:17 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2012 7:46 AM in response to gaggy

Hi

First thing to do is update Logic (using Software Update, or download the updater manually from the Apple Support Download page.

Second, to help with CPU spikes, go to Preferences:Audio and adjust the I/O buffer to maximnum (assuming you have finished recording). Thsi would give higher latency, but will reduce the CPU load.

3rd: consider wether you can use less cpu-intensive plugins, or bounce in place, or freeze tracks to reduce the CPU load.

If you are getting 'low memory' messages, first, restart the Mac without any additional programs running. This will free up RAM.

If none of that helps....

CCT

Logic Crashes with Memory Low Error Message ...!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.