I'm having the same issue now with a device that's on the latest iOS (6.1.1)
1. Enroll device, no issue
2. Install Trust Profile and Settings for Everyone, no issue
3. Put user in proper Device Group, those settings never push down. Always show "sending".
1. Completed wiped iPhone and manually installed new OS - same issue
2. Removed user's account from our Apple Server, recreated account, reenrolled device - same issue.
3. Replaced the iPhone hardware - same issue
4. We have tried these steps both on the cellular data connection and on a unrestricted wifi connection - same issue
Woudl really like to get this resolved. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I have heard of an issue with iOS devices with SIM cards. That PM uses the SIM card as part of the ID
On the first enrolment. The SIM card info is tied to the device and deleting the device does not remove the SIM card details and on subsequent enrolments problems occur with device identity
The only cure was to manually remove the information from Postgres database
I can't remember if this issue was fixed or if it's still on going
But the systems sound like the problems your experiencing
I've had a problem with OS X Server 2.2.2. It appears to be a problem due to some devices with SIM cards... I was able to re-register my devices in Profile Manager this way:
- In Profile Manager, remove the device "New Device"
- On the device itself, delete any profile that could be there (Settings -> General -> Profiles), just to make sure you start from scratch.
- Remove the SIM card from the device
- Connect the device through WiFi, making sure it can connect to your Profile Manager (MDM) server
- Re-register the device normally (Trust Profile, Profile for everyone, etc.)
- Re-insert the SIM card
Normally, the device should now be named correctly and should received updates sent by Profile Manager.