Skip navigation

adjustments missing

256 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 3:08 PM by léonie RSS
d60Dave Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 26, 2012 7:40 AM

Hi,

I running the latest version of Aperture (v3.4.3) and I'm finding the same strange bug on both my MacPro and MacBookPro.

Frequently when I have a single picture selected and click on the adjustments tab there are no adjustment sliders visible until I select a diffrent picture. I can then go back to the first picture and there they are. Sometimes it's more subtle than that and just  the crop or rotate adjustment pane is missing until I choose a different picture.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Regards,

Dave.

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), www.DaveGaskellPictures.com
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,710 points)
    Nov 26, 2012 8:59 AM (in response to d60Dave)

Dave,

are you using the same Aperture library on both the machines, or is your issue independent of the Aperture library you are using? Does it happen also when viewing a new library with some trst pictures?

Regards

Léonie

Nov 26, 2012 11:25 AM (in response to d60Dave)

What are "trst" pictures?

test pictures

sorry for the transmission error

• Aye Es Oh Level 2 Level 2 (330 points)
    Nov 26, 2012 11:51 AM (in response to d60Dave)

Have you deleted your preferences yet? Doing so sometimes resolved odd UI issues like this.

You can do so by quitting Aperture, then, from the Finder, hold down the "Option" key and go to the Go menu. Then select Library. From the window that pops up, go to the "Preferences" folder, and move the "com.apple.aperture.plist" file to the trash.

Nov 26, 2012 3:08 PM (in response to d60Dave)

Dave, have you logged off and on after quitting Aperture and before removing the prefs? If not, then try again, but this time log off and on. Otherwise you cannot be sure, if the Aperture process really has been terminated by Mac OS Mt. Lion before you remove the prefs and Aperture simply may be using a cached version.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.