6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 3:08 PM by léonie
d60Dave Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi,

I running the latest version of Aperture (v3.4.3) and I'm finding the same strange bug on both my MacPro and MacBookPro.

Frequently when I have a single picture selected and click on the adjustments tab there are no adjustment sliders visible until I select a diffrent picture. I can then go back to the first picture and there they are. Sometimes it's more subtle than that and just  the crop or rotate adjustment pane is missing until I choose a different picture.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Regards,

Dave.

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), www.DaveGaskellPictures.com
  • léonie Level 9 Level 9 (65,540 points)

Dave,

are you using the same Aperture library on both the machines, or is your issue independent of the Aperture library you are using? Does it happen also when viewing a new library with some trst pictures?

Regards

Léonie

• d60Dave Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi Leonie,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using different libraries on each machine.

I've not tried creating a new library. What are "trst" pictures?

Regards,

Dave.

What are "trst" pictures?

test pictures

sorry for the transmission error

• Aye Es Oh Level 2 Level 2 (330 points)

Have you deleted your preferences yet? Doing so sometimes resolved odd UI issues like this.

You can do so by quitting Aperture, then, from the Finder, hold down the "Option" key and go to the Go menu. Then select Library. From the window that pops up, go to the "Preferences" folder, and move the "com.apple.aperture.plist" file to the trash.

• d60Dave Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Just tried deleting the prefs file but unfortunately it still does the same thing now and then.

Haven't tried creating a test library but will try to tomorrow if I get chance.

Regards, thanks and good night,

Dave.

Dave, have you logged off and on after quitting Aperture and before removing the prefs? If not, then try again, but this time log off and on. Otherwise you cannot be sure, if the Aperture process really has been terminated by Mac OS Mt. Lion before you remove the prefs and Aperture simply may be using a cached version.