Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new iPhone 5 screen shattered and I am unable to find replacement parts. Has anyone been able to find the new iPhone 5 screen?

I shattered my iPhone 5 screen and ordered the following replacement from Amazon:

New Release iPhone 5 Touch Screen Fix & Repair Part OEM Apple Replacement Color White

Does anyone know if this is the correct replacement piece I need? Or if I am going to be out of luck and iPhone 5 screens are really not on the market yet?

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:26 AM

This is technically the correct part. But OEM does not actually guarantee it is Original Genuine Apple part. Also, most parts that are of true quality to use, are very expensive, more than the $229 Apple charges to replace the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 front screen assemblies have many very expensive components attached, ie Home Button, Sensors, Camera if yours comes without these you will have to transfer them to the new assembly. Also, you need to buy at a minimum a front screen assembly that includes the Front Glass and LCD Display. If it is just the Front Glass you have essentially been scammed. Hopefully you have found yourself a very good deal, tell us how it goes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2012 10:26 AM in response to LacyDiPhone5

This is technically the correct part. But OEM does not actually guarantee it is Original Genuine Apple part. Also, most parts that are of true quality to use, are very expensive, more than the $229 Apple charges to replace the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 front screen assemblies have many very expensive components attached, ie Home Button, Sensors, Camera if yours comes without these you will have to transfer them to the new assembly. Also, you need to buy at a minimum a front screen assembly that includes the Front Glass and LCD Display. If it is just the Front Glass you have essentially been scammed. Hopefully you have found yourself a very good deal, tell us how it goes.

My brand new iPhone 5 screen shattered and I am unable to find replacement parts. Has anyone been able to find the new iPhone 5 screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.