Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple spots in my camera lens iPhone5

Lately i have been seeing these purple spots on my camera lens (And no is not the purple haze/glare everyone is complaining about). I think it happened after i dropped my phone while jogging, and yes i screamed and pouted for about 5 minutes after i dropped it =[.

But yea, i believe the problem is inside the lens. After that drop, everytime i try to take a picture or video, i have a couple of purple spots or splatters on my images and video. The screen is perfectly fine. I was looking to see if anyone had any idea what it could be, if anyone has the same problem, or knows a fix for it. I might end up taking it to Apple to see what they say but wanted to see what this great community had to say first

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:12 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Jbueno90

Seems like when you dropped the phone some dirt/dust got inside the lense.

To remove the dirt in the lense I would recommend taking it to Apple because they will need to remove the camera component to have acess to the lense were the dirt is. I zoomed into the picture and it seems like there are just particles in the phone. Doesn't seem like anything was scratched

Purple spots in my camera lens iPhone5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.