I've decided to verify my disk on my rMBP within my first month of getting it. I ran into an error when I followed the following steps:
1) I logged into my account and opened Disk Utility
2) I selected "Verify Disk"
3) I received a message: Error: This disk needs to be repaired using the Recovery HD. Restart your computer, holding down the Command key and the R key until you see the Apple logo. When the OS X Utilities window appears, choose Disk Utility.
4) I restarted my machine, and opened Disk Utility once more via the Recovery HD and verified the disk once more.
5) Verify disk resports no error!
6) Repair disk gives no indication that something has been repaired.
7) When I boot back into my user account, I get the error once more.
Does this mean my drive is already damaged? Is there something I am overlooking? Is this normal?
Thanks a lot for the help; it's greatly appreciated.
MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)