Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Office 2011 crashing on 10.8.2

ISSUE: office apps (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) crash on OS X(v10.8.2)

- everything runs fine until the enduser walks away. If the system goes to sleep, and is then woken backup, outlook crashes.

- the app prompts you to setup the email account - its as though the app is completely severed from its database

- if the user logs out and then logs back in the issue goes away.

WORKSTATION CONFIG: server client running 10.8.2 to a server running 10.7.5

- user logs into a NetHome account

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:26 PM

7 replies

Nov 26, 2012 2:56 PM in response to AOadmin

Got this huge problem too, especially when adding equasions to Word, it just crashed and even dont want to recover lost work. I contacted MS, with no response. So i switched to OpenOffice.org and it works like a charm, even using lower resources and hdd space than office and have very decent compatibility with all the Office usite documents

Dec 3, 2012 1:11 PM in response to sig

Constantly pointing the user to Microsoft support just because the issue concerns Outlook 2011 does not help. Any person looking for solutions to a problem is going to look at EVERY possible option, including the fact that other users accessing the Apple Support forums are experiencing the same issues. The problem is at least in part due to Mountain Lion, as it did not exist before the release of that OS. Therefore it is reasonable to assume/hope that both Microsoft and Apple are looking for a solution.

I, and several people within my company, who are trying to use Outlook 2011 on 10.8.2 have found it to be extremely unstable, to the point it can bring the entire Mac to it's knees. I have been using my web interface for Exchange Online, instead of Outlook 2011, all day today, and have experienced 1000% better stability. I don't care if a solution comes from Microsoft, Apple, or Timbuktu. I will just be happy when it arrives.

Dec 3, 2012 1:23 PM in response to James Strickland1

Hi James, thanks for your help swatting at the MS Flys.

- To your point, i only started seeing this issue (crash after waking from sleep) on MountainLion 10.8.2

- I had an old colleague take a look and they seem to think my problem is with not having DNS configured appropriately. Im a bit lost when it comes to setting up DNS. also was wondering if setting LionServer to redirect MX-Records to our mail server would help, however not sure how this is done and dont want to bring down server? any insight ?

MS Office 2011 crashing on 10.8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.